Watch Polishing Kit
What the watch polishing kit does…
- MX points can be shaped against a file. Use these points to remove lines and deep scratches.
- Rubber Points can be shaped against a file. Use them to remove light scratches and marks.
- Buffing Balls are used for a brushed satin finish.
- Use the mounted radial wheels to get into tight spaces especially in between links of watch straps ( different grades are available from 80g – 1 Micron )
- The Knife edge felt can also be used with compound in tight spaces especially for polishing between links.
- The Mounted Felt Wheels can be used with the black cutting compound to flatten and prepare for polishing. A good cut is essential before polishing.
- Use a new Felt Wheel and load with pink compound for the final polish. Polishing does take time.
- The white stitched mops are a little softer and can also be used with compound. They are a little bit more flexible than felt.
This watch polishing kit is set up for polishing steel mainly, therefore it would be an excellent set of tools for any steel polishing. The wheels would be good for smaller items such as watches and small tools. Ideal for use with a small hobby tool, micromotor or pendant drill making it a popular kit for DIY projects. It is popular with people polishing their own watches at home.
A lot of jewellers take in the odd watch, this kit could allow you to finish watches. It is also a good selection of tools for jewellery work, used with the right compound the wheels can be used on precious metal.
Equally this would be a really good starter set for a beginner jeweller. It has a good selection of common and more unususal points which are useful for mixed media jewellery. The compound is for steel but there is nothing to say the wheels can’t be used with other compound for precious metal instead.