India Oil Stones, Bench Stones & Combination Stones
India Oil Stones are usually used by hand and we would recommend they are used with oil for lubrication. Our customers use them for sharpening tools and knives and other general grinding use.
India Oil Stones, files, slips, combination and bench stones. India stones are manufactured with aluminium oxide abrasive, preferred for imparting durable, smooth cutting edges and for close tolerances. Orange/Brown in colour.
- India Files are shaped to suit specific profiles they can therefore be used for deburring, chamfering, radiusing and filing delicate parts.
- Slip Stones have curved edges to suit curved knives, wood carving tools, bead planers and carbide tipped tools.
- Bench Stones are one grit throughout.
- Combination Stones have a coarse and a fine side.
- Silversmith Stones are suited to precision jewellers tools such as gravers.
Oil stones are often used for very hard metals, more often than not for sharpening. They are popular for tool sharpening, especially useful for knife making. Use the images to see the profiles of the various stones we can supply.
Most commonly oil stones are used by jewellers for tool sharpening, the combination stones and silversmiths stone in particular.
Smaller oil stones are also very useful for enamelling for grinding cloisonne work between firings.